It’s a beautiful Sunday morning, you just woke up, and you realize… you have NO idea what you want for breakfast. It’s okay, this happens to me always, but today I’m going to tell you what you want: Crunchy French Toast. Problem Solved. It’s my favorite homemade breakfast, or at least this year it is. I happen to have one of those giant griddles which makes it insanely easy to cook approximately 8 pieces of French Toast in an estimated 7 minutes. Seriously, I love it. But even if you don’t have one, it’s just as easy to make in a pan or on any other hot surface. I chose to use Cap’n Crunch this time around, but you can really use any crunchy cereal you choose. I’ve had great success with Fruity Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Corn Flakes, and more.
- Multigrain Bread
- Cereal of your choosing – Cap’n Crunch in this case
Directions: (serving size = 4 slices)
- Combine 3 eggs and 3 teaspoons low-fat milk in bowl and stir. Add sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- Pour 2 cups Cap’n Crunch in separate bowl, crush cereal using hands, bottom of a cup, large spoon, or other.
- Now you are done prepping and are ready to go. Place pan over medium heat and coat with butter.
- Take bread and dip in egg batter, making sure all surfaces of bread are covered. Next dip bread in Cap’n Crunch mix, making sure all sides are covered then place in pan.
- Cook french toast until cereal begins to turn golden brown.
- Once finished, top with some syrup (or don’t, although I highly recommend it) and Voila: Breakfast of Champions in just 10 minutes. Enjoy!