We all know what it’s like when you wake up Monday morning and accept the harsh reality that it is no longer the weekend and that you do in fact have 5 days of twerk ahead of you before basking in all your weekend glory yet again. So to take the ease off this week I’ve thrown together my top 5 favorite food deals happening this Monday night. And every other Monday night for that matter, until further notice.
2. Mini Burger Mondays at Sel De La Terre | 774 Boylston Street: Sel De La Terre recently announced Mini Burger Mondays, meaning every Monday from 5 – 7 pm they’ll be serving up an array of sliders at the bar for just $2! yes I’m serious, Sel De La Terre sliders for $2!!! If you’ve ever tried their SDLT burger you’d understand my excitement, if you haven’t… well nows a good time to try a baby version. Call 617.266.8800 for reservations, and be sure to check out their website as the selection of sliders are said to change on a weekly basis.
3. Wing Night at Penguin Pizza | 735 Huntington Ave: From 5 pm – midnight on Mondays Penguin Pizza serves 15¢ wings. It is by far THE best wing night in Boston! And if you’re not in the mood for wings, they have plenty of other reasonably priced options including their daily rotation of special pizza slices. Call 617.277.9200 for more information, but they don’t take reservations and wing nights here are no joke. It’s usually packed by the time it starts so get in early, and come in small groups, if you want to get a table.
4. Industry Night at Gaslight | 560 Harrison Ave: Bring on the late night nom nom’s (and you know how much we love late night nom nom’s). From 11pm – 2am every Monday Gaslight will be hosting Industry Night. What does this mean? They have special deals on drinks and food including $10 for a glass of red and steak tartare, $6 for a Kronenbourg and croque monsieur combo, $2 PBR’s, $1 crepes… need I say more? Call 617.422.0224 for details.
5. Prix-fixe at Mooo | 15 Beacon St: Not only on Mondays, but on Sundays as well, modern steakhouse Mooo offers a 3 course prix-fixe menu for just $35. They even throw in free valet parking as well AND offer a 3 course prix-fixe lunch menu for $20 on weekdays.
6. (*bonus*) Clink | Liberty Hotel: Monday nights are also home to Margate Mondays at Clink with Chef Joseph Margate. Every Monday from 4-5 pm Margate highlights a different ingredient in an hour-long tutorial. Unwind with some wine and get educated on this seasons best ingredients. Admission is free but there’s limited space and they tend to fill up fast. To RSVP call 617.224.4000. (Fall schedule below)
- Monday, September 27th – Local Apples
- Monday, October 4th – Berkshire Pork
- Monday, October 11th – Wild Mushrooms
- Monday, October 18th – Cheese from Blue Ledge
- Monday, October 25th – Fall Heirloom Squash
- Monday, November 1st – Island Creek Oysters