The mimosa better watch out because there’s a new bubbly morning cocktail that’s about to make it’s way to the top of your favorites list. First discovered when a few friends and I were coming up with an idea for a fun holiday cocktail to serve at our New Years Eve bash, it was easy to make, easy on the eyes, and overly impressive to everyone who drank it. Made with Champagne, fresh clementine juice, cranberries and a hint of rosemary, I woke up on New Years Day instantly craving more. Similar to a mimosa, but fresher and lighter IMPO, it can double as a crowd pleaser at your next big gathering or just make a hefty serving for yourself next time you wake up feeling slightly hungover; I promise it’ll do the trick.
- 3 cups fresh clementine juice (approximately 15 clementines)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bottle sparkling wine or champagne
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice (not cran cocktail)
– Take a large pitcher and combine cranberries, cranberry juice and rosemary; muddle using a wooden spoon. Add ice, then finish with sparkling wine and clementine juice. Stir and serve.
* If you want to get fancy with it, mix 1 tbsp of orange zest with 1/4 cup cane sugar and rim your glasses for a fun and colorful effect.